Perforce Sales and Support
The Helix Suite of Solutions
Perforce has been providing innovative software solutions since 1995, when Christopher Seiwald developed a distributed version control system with the same name. The company continues to add new tools and solutions under the Helix brand, with its Helix Core version control system enabling distributed and agile development teams to build and release software quickly from anywhere across the globe.
The company headquarters moved to Minneapolis in 2016. Perforce’s Helix suite of solutions offers improved DevOps collaboration, single repository versioning and binary controls, application lifecycle management (ALM) tools, as well as statistical code analysis and agile planning software. Trial versions of the software are available from the Perforce website. You can also deploy the tools how you want, with cloud, on-site or hybrid environments supported.
Helix Core: Distributed Version Control
Key features of Helix Core include:
- Powerful version control to massive scale
- Standardize or customize your workflow using Streams
- Easily protect and reuse your most valuable digital assets
- Integrates with any build runner for continuous integration, testing, and delivery
- Includes powerful tools and also integrates out of the box with industry standard tools
Helix Core gives you a single source of truth with flexible branching and advanced replication abilities. It also has a complete change history to enforce compliance across the entire DevOps lifecycle and integrate with systems like Jenkins, Visual Studio, Jira, Eclipse, Photoshop, Maya, and Autodesk, among others.
Helix4Git brings all the improvements of Helix Core to your Git-based repositories. While Git LFS (Large File Transfer) works well with smaller DevOps teams, it doesn’t scale properly, slowing down your build and release cycles.
With Helix4Git, you can replicate repositories between 40-80% quicker than any other solution. This allows you to improve build efficiencies while maintaining your source code in a single, consolidated repository.
Key features of Helix4Git include:
- Powerful build performance
- Multi-repo management
- Accelerated global collaboration
- Better alternative to Git LFS
- Can be added to any Git environment, without changes to existing tooling
Perforce Git tools allow your Git developers to work on code in Git. At the same time, you’ll leverage the performance, scalability, and single source of truth of an enterprise version control system.
Development Collaboration Tools
Helix Team Hub and Helix Swarm allow your teams to collaborate and review code quickly and easily. Helix Team Hub works across multiple different repositories distributed online, while Helix Swarm delivers code review and collaboration features integrated with Helix Core.
Code Repository Hosting for Mercurial, Git, SVN, Maven, Ivy, Docker, and more.
Helix TeamHub can host more than your code repositories. You can manage and maintain all of your software assets in one spot, Including build artifacts (Maven, Ivy) and Docker container registries. It also includes private file sharing through WebDAV repositories for your other binary files.
Helix Team Hub’s features include:
- Merge request code reviews with Kanban boards for improved visibility and tracking
- Workflows that suit any type of development cycle’s needs
- Build artifact management and self-service project administration
- Integrations with existing build and CI/CD development tools
Static Analysis Tools
For static analysis of your build quality, Perforce provides Helix QAC as a C/C++ analyzer. Analyzers automatically check the code before the program runs to enable compliance with code standards automatically.
Static Code Analysis For C and C++ Developers
Helix QAC is a static code analyzer that automatically scans code for violations (based on C and C++ coding rules). It enables development teams to detect defects earlier in development — when they’re easier and less costly to fix. And Helix QAC automatically enforces coding standards, such as MISRA®, which ensures your code is compliant.
With Helix QAC you will:
- Monitor overall code quality
- Scale to millions of line of code
- Reuse code confident in its quality
- Accelerate development
- Comply with standards
- Detect more defects (earlier)
- Improve code quality
- Collaborate on code inspections
Helix Application Lifecycle Management Tools
Perforce has three application lifecycle management tools, which include Helix RM, Helix IM, and Helix TCM.
ALM Tool for End-to-End Traceability
Helix ALM (formerly TestTrack) is an integrated suite of application lifecycle management tools that encompasses every stage of the development process.
The Helix ALM suite includes:
- HelixRM: Requirements Management
- HelixIM: Issue Management
- HelixTCM: Test Case Management
Together, this suite of ALM software delivers unparalleled traceability. That means you’ll know if requirements have been tested and met, if test runs have passed (or failed), and if issues have been resolved. Plus, if a requirement changes, you’ll know which test cases and issues will be impacted.
By using Helix ALM, you’ll ensure quality releases ship on time. And you’ll be able to meet compliance standards with ease.
HelixRM for Requirements Management
With HelixRM, you can:
- Capture and track all requirements from a single tool
- Decompose requirements into the exact features
- Conduct requirement reviews for approval and release to your DevOps teams
- Prioritize certain requirements over others and connect them directly to tests
HelixIM for Issue Management
Using HelixIM, you’re able to:
- Improve the tracking and resolution of issues with automated status updates as fixes are tested and released
- Analyze issues and establish risk dependencies
- Integrate with both Helix RM and HelixTCM to improve the entire process’s efficiency
HelixTCM for Test Case Management
HelixTCM allows you to:
- Create and track all test cases in a single location
- Connect tests directly to the requirements as you capture them
- Reduce your need for manual testing and prioritize test cases and runs
- Functional, Validation, Regression, Performance, Acceptance, and Security Testing at scale
ReleaseTEAM as Your One-stop Perforce Helix Suite of Solutions Advisor
Use ReleaseTEAM to assist you with tool selections and implementation roadmaps when choosing a Perforce Helix solution or suite of products. ReleaseTEAM has provided expert advice and successfully delivered projects in the Software Development industry since 1999. With ReleaseTEAM, you can get staff training, consulting, work-force augmentation including software sales and the subsequent support.