Open Source Solutions
Support, Migrate, Modernize Your OSS
Open Source SupportAt ReleaseTEAM, we understand that there are valid reasons that software development teams still use open source tools in their environments – cost, stability, and compatibility, to name a few. Our experience in open source DevOps tools spans decades; we have a proven track record of helping organizations leverage open source to achieve their business objectives. We offer support for several popular OSS DevOps tools and several tools designed to enhance the productivity and security of OSS, such as JFrog Curation, RunSafe, CloudBees CI, and Sonatype. However, the ever-increasing demand for performance, security, and compliance has created drawbacks to using open source.
Drawbacks to Open Source Include:
- Security Risks: Unsupported or outdated software can be vulnerable to security threats, and it may become increasingly difficult to find patches or updates.
- Limited Features: Legacy software may lack modern features and capabilities, hindering your ability to compete or meet evolving business needs.
- Technical Debt: Over time, maintaining legacy systems can accumulate technical debt, making it more expensive and challenging to upgrade or replace them in the future.
A Few Benefits to Modernizing OSS
- Enhanced Functionality: Modern supported tools often include new features and capabilities that improve productivity, observability, and overall quality.
- More Robust Security: Supported software benefits from ongoing updates and patches.
- Scalability: Modernized software allows you to scale with your organization’s growth, whether in the cloud or data center.
- Happier Team Members:Most modern tools have enhanced UI and features designed with the user’s experience in mind.